Thursday, October 13, 2011

Egypt and Sour Patch Kids!

Its been a while since I posted. I don't know what excuse I can give beside, I've been lazy. I was hoping that when I left my other job, I wouldn't get too comfortable laying around and watching TV... that didn't happen. I'm tired of watching what seems like 20 hours of TV everyday. So today I decided to finally tackle some looks I've been wanting to create. 

I've also been reading a lot... and I'm currently reading a book called "Cleopatra's Moon." Plus every Tuesday on the Planet Green channel they do Egypt Tuesdays!! So, that is where my inspiration comes from for this first look.
Here is what I used: 
FACE 
Revlon Colorstay Foundation: 320 True Beige (darker than my skin) 
Stream Airbrush System: F06M foundation and Bronzer mixed together to get the shimmery gold and tan look 
Chinovi Cosmetics bronzer (unnamed) 

EYES 
Palladio Eye Primer 
NYX JEP: Pure Gold and Horseradish 
Chinovi Cosmetics Eyeshadow: de'nial and preserve
E.L.F. Waterproof liquid eyeliner in black 
Inglots Eyeliner Gel Matte in 77-Black 
NYX Eyeshadow in Sahara 
CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in very black 


There was no way I was going to wander around with that look on... people would probably think I was on drugs or something... so I washed it all off (1 washcloth and tons of cotton balls) and created another look. 

Last week I was starting to get the itch to create a look, but I had no inspiration. I posted on Facebook asking what I should do, and my friend Crystal Scary-Monster suggested I do a look based on CANDY since it's Halloween time. I thought for a couple days about it, "do I go get sequins and do an over-the-top Skittles look?" "Do I base it on the actual candy or should it be based on the wrapper?" I was going nuts trying to decide on something, until I came up with this next look! 

Who DOESN'T love Sour Patch Kids? And especially the watermelon ones? 

This look was different for me since I ALWAYS put black or another dark color on my waterline. But Sour Patch Kids don't have any black, so I ditched it this time. 

Here is what I used: 
FACE 
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 240 Medium Beige 
Stream Airbrush System foundations in F03M and F05M
Chinovi Cosmetics Blush in Naughty Girl

EYES 
Palladio Eye Primer 
NYX JEPs in Milk and Lime 
Chinovi Cosmetics Eyeshadows in Candy Hearts, Fun Day and Sugar Apple 
NYX Eyeshadow in Sahara 
E.L.F. Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black 
CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in Very Black

LIPS 
NYX Lipliner in Fuchsia 
Wet N Wild Lipstick in 901B 
E.L.F. Lipstick in Sociable 

And my hair... yes I got it done AGAIN! Thats the perks of working in a salon! A couple weeks ago we were getting ready to have our Fall Event so we decided to dye my hair back to its originial color (dark dark brown) and then throw in some ORANGE chunks!! If anyone is in need of getting their hair done, call the salon to book your appointment!

I hope you all enjoyed these looks! I enjoyed creating them!! Hopefully I can keep it up... Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment