Monday, April 25, 2011

Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

Back in the early 90's my mom became a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I was in heaven! She had this totally awesome kit full of makeup/samples and I got to play in it every so often. She was doing really good and had recruited a lot of people when she decided that she needed to be home more with her family (all 6 of us kids). She was sad to see it go since she really enjoyed it and was really good at it.

While she was active, she recruited a lady named Billie. Billie had previously lived in Seattle and we would always play with her kids. She lived in Idaho a few years later when we were passing through on our way to Utah to see my family, so we stopped for a night. I was a young teenager at the time, so I was FINALLY allowed to wear makeup. We had a makeover night and it was so fun! MK was testing out colored mascaras at the time so she gave me some samples (guess they didn't really catch on) and my mom got me a little set of makeup. I was totally fascinated by the Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. I looked like water and oil in a container and I was a little skeptical. As soon as that cotton ball touched my eye, I knew my life would never be the same again! Being a teenager with no income of my own, I wasn't afforded the luxury of purchasing it time and again, so I had to settle for baby oil (that was my moms alternative).

Around the age of 20, I rediscovered MK. A friend of mine knew a lady who was trying to build up her team. She called me and I told her, "YES!" I remembered how much fun it was. Well let me tell you... I'm not cut out for that. I have a really hard time calling people and sticking to a schedule. So eventually I let it slip. I kind of lost contact with Marci over the years but was reunited with her and her daughter, Alex, in November. I took my mom and sister to go get makeovers for my sisters birthday. I walked away with 3 things of eye makeup remover (along with numerous other goodies!), but ran out in about 5 months. I was just able to get some more from Alex. I didn't give her much notice but the sweet girl, hurried and got them together and met me across town. She even brought me a little present.
So cute!! I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a decent little travel set!

Now, for the eye makeup remover. This stuff is my HOLY GRAIL! Off and on through the years I haven't been able to get it and have had to settle for other products. I was always disappointed. This stuff takes off all kinds of makeup, effortlessly. I'm never tugging or pulling and I never have to use more than one cotton ball per eye. I would seriously go without wearing eye makeup if I couldn't get a hold of this.

Have you tried Mary Kay products? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment