Thursday, April 28, 2011

PopTinsel

Back in November volunteering backstage for my Mom's non-profit Life Long Dreams I met this fabulous girl named April. She started unpacking what appeared to be tinsel, you know... like for a Christmas tree. Then I saw some of the girls running around with tinsel in their hair and I thought, "awesome!" I went over and introducted myself to her and asked her how it all worked. She gave me the quick run down and told me how she is the owner of PopTinsel and how she came around to starting it. She was nice enough to put a few strands in my hair and I was imediatly in love! They are just tied in, so there is no damage to your hair but they add fun pops of color and sparkle. A few weeks later I was channel surfing and I came across the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and saw some chick, Adrianne Maloof, had them in her hair. I saw April a couple weeks later when she did my hair and I had to tell her. Well guess what... Adrianne is a client of Aprils. CRAZY!

I called April a couple weeks ago because I wanted to put some tinsel in for the AIDS walk I did. She told me she's between salons since she's opening her very own! Glam Salon in Las Vegas! I cannot wait. Anyway, she was nice enough to sell me a couple packs of tinsel because I couldn't decide what I wanted... of course! At first I struggled. Ling even offered to help me tie them in. I found out that using a water bottle, a comb, and some hair clips, I was able to do it!

So here they are in all their glory!




I didn't put too much in my hair when I took these pictures. I was in a hurry to get out the door, but I put lots more in the next day... I just forgot to take pictures.

Anyway, I love this stuff. Its so creative, fun, inexpensive and it doesn't damage your hair! Also, it comes in a huge variety of colors. You can even choose plain, or sparkly!!

2 comments: