Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A New Start

Okay, so my room is halfway done.  I just need to hang some stuff on the walls and move all my makeup in!  But that will have to wait for another day.  I decided to take advantage of having my little makeup room today.  I stopped at Ulta on my way home from work this afternoon after discovering that my black eyeliner is almost out *gasp*!  I've had my eye on the Urban Decay 15th anniversary 24/7 eyeliners... but come on... $92?!  I grabbed the eyeliner set just in case but decided to shop around and see if I could get more for my money.  Guess what?... I did!!  Sorry UD!  So without further ado... here is my haul and swatches.

Photobucket
Photobucket

They have a deal going on right now... if you spend $17.50 on Ulta brand products, you get a cool kit for free!  They had three choices.  I chose this once since it was a little more colorful!

Here's what was in my kit:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Eyeshadow Quad 1: Truffle, Platinum, Trendsetter, and Granite


Photobucket
Eyeshadow Quad 2: Gold Leaf, Love, Plum Noir, and Turquoise

Photobucket
Left to Right: Halo Highlight, Parisian Pout Lipstick, Bellini and Starlet Lipglosses, and Rose Lipliner

I didn't swatch the eyeliners that came with is since there were just black and brown.  It also came with a teal nail polish, a cute mirror, mascara and some crappy little brushes that my puppy ran off with.

Speaking of my puppy...
Photobucket
My wonderful boyfriend got her for me for our anniversary/Christmas present.  Her name is Gidget Love and she's a 6 month old Yorkie.  Such a good girl!!  She was trying to help me while I was taking pictures tonight.  She looks a little mangie since she rolled around in the dirt as soon as I gave her a bath the other day plus she needs to go to the groomer desperately bad.

Okay, now onto the other things I purchased:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
That would be Ling's hand.  I was having problems... the button to take the picture is on the right side of the camera and I'm left handed... so I had to swatch with my right hand so I could take pictures of my left hand.  I couldn't do what I wanted... so he let me draw on him.  Like I said... wonderful bf!

Photobucket
That would be a blush in Heartbreaker (the same color that came in the kit... I was a little bummed that I have two now.) and an eyeshadow in Bone.

And that is it.  I had fun today.  I haven't gone makeup shopping in awhile and it was fun to work on this blog again.  Stay tuned for more!!


*All products were purchased by me.  All opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment